Archive: DRUNKEN SHOW REPORT #1
(So here is another one from the archives. All bands and places are links. No effort made to clean up layout, syntax, etc. and thereby sully the drunken immediacy of the report.)
1. Thee Parkside is a kick ass bar despite the Frisco hipster
infestation. Great patio with ping pong and propane heaters. Solid
selection of booze basics, $2 for big orders of fries.
2. Red Meat was good as usual with an extra dose of holiday cheer.
Smelly was full of the spirit. He gave Guitar Show his Christmas
gift before their set. It looked suspiciously like a carton of
cigarettes wrapped in kraft paper.
3. DRUNK HORSE: GUITAR HEAVY, ASS PUNCHING KICK ASS RAWK, YOU
IF FLOATER FUCKED TOOL AND HAD FOUR STONED GUITAR CHILDREN,
IF YOU COULD POGO TO KING CRIMSON,
IF TED NUGENT WASN’T A STUPID DICK,
IF YOU WRAPPED THICK CHORDS AND CRUSHING CRUSHINGNESS IN A HAPPY
4. we knew someone in the band, so we were way cool.
5. I got to drive the field marshall’s new, cushy cushmobile truck,
cuz Someone got totally shitfaced. And Someone succeeded in
interrupting DH’s set by threatening/offering a guitarist
unprotected anal sex. Some folks were uncomfortable for a quiet
moment. I, myself, felt a familiar, little touch of pride.